Thread: Former Bearcats
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 05:21 AM   #700
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m not mad that mick left or the John Brannen is our new coach.

But there are UC fans who made the last few years miserable after every loss. People acted like the Mick Cronin era was this oppressive regime and that John Brannen is this beautiful breath of fresh air. It’s not hard to see I liked Mick Cronin, but it was also clear a huge portion of the fan base thought we could do better. And a lot of them think a John Brannen is the guy. So my expectations are high. If this guy is better then our old Coach then I’m all for it. I want to win. But I also don’t want to see this team take a dip this season. I want to make the tourney, I want to make a run.

So im considering this season a pickup right where we left off kinda deal. I’d critic the game the same way if mick were coaching. You have Keith Williams, Jarron Cumberland, Tre Scott & Jaevin Cumberland in your first year as a UC coach, you have 2 of your guys in the starting lineup and you have a sold out arena to boost you. I expect results this year. So I’m just pointing out things that I see. If Mick Cronin coached this years OSU game, I think it’s fair to say people would have critiqued his handling of Jarron Cumberland, his lack off playing time for elite freshman and his defense in the 2nd half.
I know I’d personally have those same comments no matter who the coach was.

Next year can be the rebuild. This year we need to win. Because if recruits aren’t signing with Brannen because they don’t know him, then next year they won’t sign with us because we had an all American and didn’t win with him. Brannen has to use Jarron Cumberland to win but also make a name for himself.
It’s been 1 game
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote