View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 11:09 AM   #369
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Offensive rebounding rate is what I look at to gauge rebounding ability. Defensive rebounding has more to do with scheme. A defensive rebound is much more likely to be uncontested. DDJ and Mason both had DReb rates of 16.7, but OReb rates around 1. Rap led the team in DReb rate, but had an OReb rate below 3.

The average team OReb rate is 28. Splitting that up into positions works out to something like: C-9, PF-8, SF-6, SG-3, PG-2.

Here's our roster:
C (avg 9): Koval 5.6
PF (avg 8): Davenport 4.8, Hensley 2.5
SF (avg 6): Newman 4.0
SG (avg 3): MAW 1.6, Madsen 1.1
PG (avg 2): DeJulius 1.0, Saunders 1.3

Departures include Eason 12.6, Diarra 10.9, Vogt 8.6, and Keith 6.1. So yes, we have a huge rebounding hole to fill. Everyone on our roster is a below average rebounder.

We have shown interest in Meikkel Murray, a 6'6" wing whose 6.6 OReb rate would be the best on our team. There are 24 transfers available who have an 8+ OReb rate that played at least 15 mpg. I think our top priority has to be landing one of them. Abdulsalam's OReb rate is 15.4, better than any available transfer, which is why I have been talking about him so much.
Rainman: 246 toothpicks

Good Will Hunting: I knew you before you were a mathematical god, when you were pimple-faced and homesick and didn't know what side of the bed to piss on!

Money Ball: “we're a small market team and you're a small market GM. I'm asking you to be okay not spending money that I don't have. And I'm asking you to take a deep breath, shake off the loss, get back in a room with your guys and figure out how to find replacements for the guys we lost with the money that we do have.”
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote