Thread: Memphis
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 05:18 PM   #10
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Overall I was pretty happy with the game. If you'd told me a couple weeks ago that we'd hang tight with Memphis at their place, I wouldn't have believed you.

We gave good effort and shot it well. The little things are what killed us. MAW and Newman each missed front ends of 1-and-1's, MAW and DDJ each had bad critical TO's in key moments, we had a miscommunication on defense that left Harris wide open for a three.

That said, our defense needs to get more consistent. Memphis shot 47.7% from the field and had a 41% OR%. You don't win many games like that. Our insane shooting from 3 is what kept us in it, but in the end you need to defend and rebound to win most game.

I think the main problem today is that most of our bench players suck on the defensive end. Ody, Lakhin, Mason, Koval are not good defensively. Miller ended up sticking to the starting 5 for most of the second half, but guys are going to wear down against a team like Memphis.

If we play offense like we did today and defense like we did against SMU, we will be in great shape. We are starting to fit the pieces together, not there yet, but the product is slowly coming along.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote