Thread: Around the AAC
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #119
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
So far UCF has avoided a bad loss even with out Taylor. I think it goes to show their much deeper than last year.

I think last year, they'd lost a lot of games with out Taylor.

I don't mind AAC teams losing to p5 opponents. But when teams are in our conference are losing to mid and low mid major teams, its bad news. Houston has potential but its going to be wasted unless they can pickup some of these better games on the schedule.

I think Temple, SMU, UC, & WSU should hold their own. UCONN looks improved but far from a finished product. UCF has injury issues but I just hope they hold it down against bad teams. Houston looked bad in a win today against Liberty and the loss against Drexel was brutal. They have to play Arkansas, Saint Louis and Providence, they need to steal 2 out of 3 of those wins to make up for that Drexel loss. None will be easy. Also need to beat LSU. Tulsa should have beaten Iowa State to make up for that Lamar loss but failed to do so. They are junk.

Hopefully Tulane keeps it up and makes up for Tulsa sucking.

So far:
AAC teams: 26-7
AAC vs the top 100: 4-2
5 losses outside the top 100
3 Upset losses (2 of them to 300+ teams)

Thanks to Temple, UCF and Wichita State, they combine for 4 top 100 wins which is good. UCF's win over Mercer will count for something this season. Tulsa's loss to Iowa State was a missed opportunity but overall not terrible. The top of league is winning when they supposed to and overall playing well, but its really the 2 300+ plus losses that are completely unacceptable.

Also of note: UC has played the worst schedule of any team in the AAC so far. Though with all the new guys and especially new PG situation, its probably best to easy into the season. Get tough from here on out.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote