Thread: Any word
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #11
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCcincyfanMD View Post
Is anyone else tired of the consistent terrible recruiting that we have under Mick.....I’m done with the it’s hard to recruit to the AAC conversation, look at the number of 5 and 4 star kids that are “Warm” or “Warmer” on 247 for Memphis, UConn etc with Penny Hardaway and Hurley.....I’m done with Mick and it hurts to say because I think he’s done a good job, but it’s the same thing as Marvin Lewis with the Bengals, at some point you have to want more than just being a good team/program
I think this is a bit unfair. Penny and Hurley have a far smaller sample size than Mick. I think if you look overall, Mick has brought in a ton of top 100 recruits, especially early on in his tenure. Lance, Yancy, Shaq Thomas, Biggie McClain (Anyone remember John Reik or Jason Henry lol). Some have panned out, some haven't.

I think lately (last 4-5 years) Mick has taken on the philosophy on focusing on guys he knows he can get and develop into All Conf players ( Gary Clark, Jacob Evans) and will be here for 3-4 years rather than big 5 star recruits. He has often said he could've recruited Luke Kennard hard, but it would've probably meant he wouldn't have got Jacob Evans.

Last edited by MylesFoxMorrisey; 12-03-2018 at 09:08 PM.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote