Thread: Xavier
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #20
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
realistic

I don't think UC has a prayer. Cats are playing like absolute crap - Xavier has struggled lately too, but they have more weapons....UC might stop a few, but not all.

The key stats are these: They have turned the ball over 303 times, while scoring 1988 pts.

The Cats have turned the ball over 331 times, while scoring 1543 pt.

X Assist/TO = 447/303
UC = 288/331

If, by some miracle, UC can handle the ball & limit the gifts, they might have a shot, but I don't hold out much hope.

Sorry to be such a downer, but this team has crapped on every flowering of optimism I've had this year. I'm starting to expect failure as a defense mechanism against the pain of dashed hopes.

The one ray of sunshine I have is from a negative incident. I wonder (and this is based on no knowledge whatsoever), if Moore's suspension will rally the team. Or, perhaps a problem has been removed that will have a positive bounce. He might be a wonderful young man - I have no idea - his teammates might love him, again, no idea. Just from observing his demeanor, as others have posted, he seems removed, distant, sulking half the time. That does not foster team chemistry or provide the fire and sense of shared purpose that winning requires.

I hope I'm an idiot with this prediction, and if so, will gladly be called such (and embrace it), but I predict X 72 - 54