Thread: Xavier
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
If we go straight man how do we guard the 1 big man lineup? Who guards Bluiett? I'm not sure Clark can guard him on the perimeter, so then it's shaq. Then who does Clark guard? He's not gonna guard a 6'4 guard.

Xavier plays 4 "small" guys plus a Reynolds or Farr. I'm not sure how we match up with that man to man unless Clark sits and Shaq plays the 4, but then we can't take one of our best all around players off the court.

Reynolds and Farr have only played together 3.5% of the time the last 5 games, so xavier is gonna have 4 guys under 6'7 on the court at all times.
Didn't realize Reynolds and Farr played together so little. I would like to go small anytime Clark isn't in. It might be a weird matchup but either Clark or Shaq can easily guard Abell. He's not a huge threat. Having Clark and Ellis (or DeBerry) in together could also help us dominate in the post offensively. If we kill them in the post, maybe Farr and Reynolds would have to play together. I just think they will torch our zone. They are too good on offense to be slowed down by that. We saw it last year, then stayed in the game after finally switching to man.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-07-2015 at 02:48 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote