View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 12:30 PM   #1016
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
I think it should be based on players available and how good the players are on the current roster. However this group has proven that nobody should be safe. All could be recruited over. If they can get Bowman, do it. I have real concerns about Justin Jenifer ever being the starting point guard of a top level team. I feel the recruiting is getting better, 2011 and 2012 just killed us. Last two years our only 4 year seniors were Jermaine Sanders and Shaq Thomas. Two extremely average (at best) division one college basketball players. However Clark, Evans, Cumberland, and Washington all seem to be big time players. That trend has to continue and get better. The season isnt over. I think they win on Sunday and get in the dance. From there anything can happen. Season can still be salvaged. Not that I'd bet on it....
Jack I think we need to fill the roster. We end up with SRs like Guyn, Thomas, Sanders, Nyarsuk, DeBerry, and soon to be Johnson all the time (these guys are all post-1st NCAA appearance under Cronin...so post-rebuild). Then we're forced to rely on these guys for significant roles. Shouldn't be hard to find HS guards and JUCO big bodies to compete and give us more depth (couldn't we have signed KJ Walton?). I couldn't agree more on Bowman. Bring him in. A wing and a JUCO big too are needed imo. Let 13 guys battle it out to fill out the depth chart every year. Then only the strong survive...instead of having borderline D1 players in the regular rotation bc they are literally the last resort for scholarship players. And even if the back of the roster guys end up at the same level as the short bench we see today, at least we aren't always going to be sitting here at this point in the year undermanned if injuries should happen.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote