View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone cares to read this, and I apologize in advance if it seems a bit off-topic or comes across as self-important. So if the response is basically "cool story, bro" then I get it. But I just wanted to share it nonetheless.

I don't, and haven't, posted here all that often. I used to be very active in the old Bearcatnews heydey. I transitioned over to here and become much more of a lurker.

I've always enjoyed reading the discussion and debate. More than anything else I found the board to be incredibly informative. Getting on here was a pretty regular thing, especially on, or after a gameday.

All that said, any enjoyment had from this site is no longer. And unfortunately that is due to the actions of a few. The threads have been unreadable, dominated by a few posters with a clear agenda. Clear to anyone with half a brain, both prior to the season and well before the recent rough stretch.

I completely understand differing opinions and am not so naive to expect complete agreement and support. Spending a lot of time on various boards I'm used to axes to grind, hurt feelings, and your occassional troll. Tis par for the course. None of that bothers me.

What does bother is this case is the completed dominating of threads and the board as a whole. Right or wrong, in a agreement or not, when a few posters take over a thread, or the forum as a whole, it simply becomes unreadable.

And the worst of it all is a collection on just a few thoughts is managed to be made dozens of times over. Over and over and over... These are not allwell informed NEW takes or counter-arguments theyre just how many ways you can say the same thing if different ways.

I'll wrap it up here shortly, I'm hope this doesn't read as dramatic as I think it may. And like I said, I don't post enough to be missed. This is not that.

I just wanted to say "thanks a lot" (sarcasm) to the select few, and maybe just one, who ruined this board for me. Close to two decades of perusing the Bearcats boards and this was the one left standing for me to get my fix. I guess no longer.

So again, thanks for chasing another away. Thanks for polluting the board so much that I can't even get through a game thread anymore. I hope you really enjoy ruining the experience for guys like me.

For everyone else, always enjoyed your thoughts. Go Bearcats!
Just block the dude if it’s mainly one
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote