View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #743
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with CJB in full control of the players and scheme. I wouldn't call it much of a secret to say that Cumberland dictated a lot of what Brannen could or would do without having a POY that struggled at his natural position in the "preferred" offense.

Putting every player at the preferred position may be just as advantageous as giving Cumberland the keys to run plays designed for him. He did try to run Cumberland from the wing but it just didn't work. Running 5 out motion all the time is going to showcase what Brannen wants to do and what he has been recruiting for. Most of his recruits can play multiple positions.

My gut tells me it's going to be a tough year to make the dance but who knows how things will work when we get to see the real McCoy. It's definitely a reason to maintain some level of optimism for this season. We are just so young and inexperienced with 7 new recruits who don't know how to run his system and the rest have only been in the system for 1 year. It took several years for some of Cronin's guys to master his defense. I would expect a similar learning curve with Brannen's system.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote