Thread: @Temple
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #638
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
There's definitely maybe half a dozen posters that pop up during rough games, dog the players/team/coach and pretty much are never heard from until the next bad game, whether it be weeks or months later. Ive been on this board since its inception and its been that way for years. I can get not posting all the time, I can go weeks not posting sometimes, especially in the offseason. Mostly because the convo can get stale and repetitive, but I'm on here every day. This site still offers great analysis from differing points of view and some knowledgeable fans. Some bring insights with stats, some with knowledge to break down plays, etc. Some optimists, some pessimists, some realists. As long as you can back up your opinion with facts it's all good imo, I like to hear and argue different takes. Law enforcement can tell you ten witnesses of a crime can all watch it happen and they'll give you ten different versions of what happened. That's why witness testimony is weak in the courtroom and also why fans on here can bicker so much. We all watch the same game, yet get so many takes. And none of us seem to agree with Mick's take, haha. At the end of the day as Jacob keeps saying, we are 13-2, our resume is solid and no worse than most teams that have all played bad here and there and picked up losses. This team isn't perfect and hopefully we are getting better going towards March cause we can all agree we want to make a run this year and have the talent to do it.

My fear in this, and this is my realist/part pessimistic side -- basically the success of our season for many many fans and nationwide basically rides on one game the second weekend of March, assuming we win the first game. Cause bottom line if we don't go sweet sixteen this year, it will be a failure. So everything building up to that is prep work for a 40 minute game where we have no control of who we play. Last year a great season was rewarded by getting to play realistically probably a top five team from last year in that game. That wasn't fair to that team plain and simple. Us fans will whine about the schedule or losing a game we shouldn't have, but every team loses games they shouldn't. I can look at yesterday alone and give you many examples. And I can all but guarantee the duketalk.com, xaviertalk.com, Kentuckytalk.coms of the world are blowing up with stupidity like ours does. Its why were fans. At least we're passionate. But I do agree that guys that never post and literally call players names is uncalled for and not what us regular/everyday fans and posters want to read and put up with. We're frustrated too by a lousy game. I seriously wanted to throw a brick through my TV when the feed went out. I go to bed at 8 during the week for work. I stayed up four hours late, knowing I'd get no sleep to watch MY team play. Yes, MY team. I live and breathe it. It's my hobby and I live and die with the team. So when the stupid feed goes out and the stupid announcers can't even give play by play, I was one grumpy mofo. But back to my point, everyone is frustrated, but we don't want to read nonsense and guys come out of the woodwork to pounce on the team when it's down and dog the players. I seriously wonder how and why and if they are really fans. If you don't like the coach and don't like the players....WHY ARE YOU WATCHING??

Anyways, off my soap box. Big game tonight, I'll be ten rows up in the corner as always cheering and yelling while everyone around me sits on their hands waiting to boo a foul.
Well said. Enjoy your insight as always.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote