Thread: Future Bearcats
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #35
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think we're looking for a progression like what Dayton has done the last 3 years. Now they've got the players Grant wants for the system and they're rocking it out. We aren't as likely to have a player as dominant as Obi, but we can have multiple shooters and multiple guys that can score. Grant/Brannens system works.
I would agree here. Also we are 305th in 3 pt FG%. CJB's teams have historically been in the 35% range. We would have scored 42 more points this year with that avg. Spread the right way that would be enough to have won all of our games even with a ton of TO's. I know it doesn't work that way...

I would also hope with a higher caliber recruit than at NKU we could maybe even get in that 36-37% range. But I would be happy with 35 since the line moved back.

With all of the things that can/could have happened this year. Lower TO's, better 2nd half adjustments, shoot better 3%, a little tighter D in the 2nd half etc...there are loads of ways to make improvements and win games. Brannen is a smart guy and likes analytics so I still have optimism about the future with him.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote