View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Out of our 6 heavy minute players who is your candidate for being the biggest surprise or exceeding what you expected?

We all thought Cumberland would be the go to guy but he has carried a very big load for us. 3% and FT% are way up. He's been clutch and does it all on the road or at home.

Williams has exploded onto the scene. His 3% has been a surprise. We can ISO him and he can make a play in a number of ways. He's so confident and doesn't back down from a challenge.

Jenifer has been improving year after year. His assist to turnover ratio is coming back to earth but he has been hitting 3's and making FT's at a high clip.

Brooks has frustrated me less and less as time goes on. He's been very efficient lately and is a decent low volume scoring option. He seems to be vocal out there as well keeping us together and focused when he's out there.

Scott is doing about what I was expecting from him but he's in a much bigger role and logging lots of minutes so he is very valuable in that regard.

Cane has bailed us out a couple of times but otherwise is below my expectations coming in. I hope he gets back into a groove.
Cumberland is doing exactly what we are all hoped and thought he would be doing but maybe even better than expected. Just because we expect someone to play like this doesn't mean they will. Hats off to him for coming through and giving us everything we need and more.

The two biggest surprises have to be Keith Williams and Justin Jenifer. It's unreal what they are doing this year especially Keith. Jenifer's shooting wasn't that bad last year but it's obviously been even better this year. He's having a great senior year. No one expected what Keith is doing this year to happen until his junior year.

I figured Tre and Brooks would be solid once they had plenty of minutes. Brooks is probably better than expected but still didn't want to count either of them out until they played meaningful minutes this year and they are doing fine.

12 more games left, lets keep it up and have Cane hit more open looks. We get his 3pt shooting to be at the very least in the mid 20s at this point that will help.

The debate we should have in one of these threads is Cumberland vs. Kilpatrick but maybe we can save that for next year
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote