View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Under Brannen's coaching or in Brannen's system who do you think will break out in these categories below? Who performs better than expected? I have heard a lot of names thrown around...

Returning players (who have already played at UC)

Cumberland (hard to break out)
Scott (depends on how he gets used)
Williams (some are calling for Keith)
Moore (will the shots finally fall)
Diara (many are calling Diara's name)

Transfers

Cumberland (can he get better than last year?)
Sorolla (is he what he is?)
McNeal (Can he play more efficient by trying to do less)

Newbies

MAW (If McNeal doesn't shine maybe)
Davenport (Versatile guy...Brannen loves him)
Harvey (Talented but late and injured)
Gillam (Wild card)
In Category one I think I am going with Scott. I don't see a wing breaking out because we have too many good options and not enough balls to go around. If Scott is playing in a small ball lineup as the sole big and coach let's him shoot 3's...he could end up a stat monster.

In Cat 2. Cumberland can't duplicate his last year (not enough balls to go around). Sorolla IMO is what he is. McNeal has the chance to impress. I don't want him hunting buckets...I want him hunting assists. But I also think he is a decent late clock option to manufacture a shot. He could be awesome in the break and crucial in the press. Once in half court....just get out of the way...like Jenifer did.

In Cat 3. Tough category here. Gillam can't redshirt so I am going with him...LOL!. He's also the smartest and by Rehfeldt pics could also be the hardest worker. He didn't take a double course load and bust his tail to finish HS early to ride pine. His motivation carries him.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote