View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #10
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Somethings of note:

• UCLA has ELITE 2 pt defense, and its mostly because of their extreme length and 5 Star Shot blocker Moses Brown
  • UCLA is 50 Spots better on defense over last season.
  • They've been battle tested... But this is their first true road game
  • IF they end up scoring easy on us, our best defense, maybe a foul. They shoot just 61% which is #338 in the nation
  • They do NOT pressure the ball or attempt to force Turnovers. They ranked #339 in TO rate.
  • This team rebounds really well for a UCLA team. They grad boards on both sides of the ball
  • We will get some shots blocked. but need to stay persistant.
  • UCLA has lost 3 times.. In each of thoses losses, their opponents made 11 or more 3's. Outside shooting is a must against them, because their inside defense is elite.
  • They started the season playing ultra high possession basketaball and have since slowed it down a bit. I think they aren't nearly as uncomfortable playing slower.
  • Offensive rebounding is a huge deal for them, especially when the shot isn't falling. They were able to beat Notre Dame, because they grabbed 18 offensive rebounds.
From this breakdown (always appreciated) it would sound like we are going to lose by 10. We haven't been great on the defensive rebounding side of things and if they are that good on offensive rebounding then we are in trouble. If we are relying on 3 pt shooting because they are a great 2 point defensive team then that is less than ideal.

Again, this breakdown would have me worried, and make it seem like we are going to lose by 10. Simple eye test and trusting our coach, team and home court advantage I think we win by 10.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote