View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #28
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
It was just a matter of time before Boyle County (KY) linebacker Lamar Dawson became a household name. Ever since he showed up and showed out at the Columbus NFTC at Ohio State where he took home LB MVP honors, he’s been in high demand. Since then, Lamar has picked up offers from Michigan, Oregon, Florida and USC.

Some of the schools who sent coaches to Boyle County High School during the spring evaluation period included Florida, USC, Kentucky, Louisville, Illinois, Michigan, Cincinnati, Purdue, Western Kentucky, Texas Tech, Stanford and Oregon. He holds offers from all of them along with others.

Dawson has a few visits scheduled this summer and will also showcase his skills on the national stage in July.

“I’m just going to visit a couple places. I’m gonna go to Florida, Tennessee, Michigan, Illinois and I might go to Arkansas. I got invited to this Gridiron Kings by ESPN. That’s in July, it’s a 7-on-7 camp.”

As for a leader, Lamar says Kentucky is slightly out in front of Louisville, USC and Florida and that those four schools are recruiting him the hardest. But he’s in no rush to make a decision and he plans to take all of his official visits.

“I’ll probably do it (commit) after the season. I just want to enjoy the recruiting process.”

Lamar is one of the top LB prospects in the nation. He possesses tremendous instincts and a great overall feel for the position. He takes great angles and doesn’t take false steps or waste any motion. He attacks downhill with a nasty mentality and is a sure tackler with excellent technique and is also an asset in coverage. He is currently rated as a 6.0 four star prospect on TR and the #53 player in the country overall.

http://www.tharinger.com/site/LamarDawson.htm
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote