View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 09:45 PM   #17
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Looking at either team on paper kind of makes me think they could be somewhat competitive in conference in their own right without combining the two practice teams. Cronin has done a good job of squeezing a good season out of teams with the talent that would be present on either squad.

It sounds like Cronin has most of their heads screwed on right. The goals are high but they all seem to know nothing is going to be gifted to them because of a pre season ranking. Cronin is finally coming to grips that defense alone is not going to get the job done. It took a while...but at least the shift seems to have happened. Pace of play should finally be addressed this year.

Combining red and black right now seems to be what we have all been waiting on for a long time. Talent and depth. Offense and defense. Work ethic and attitude. Experienced veterans and excited youth. Smart and tough players.

We are at the point of nit picking to find weakness. We can't have it all but we have more options than ever under Cronin. Perhaps Washington could be an outstanding defender and maybe we would like to see a sure fire go to guy in the clutch. One of those might just happen and the other we can sub for.

It's hard for me to contain my excitement right now!! Stay healthy (knock on wood) and we are going to be in for one hell of a season!!
Only 5 can play at a time. Having 8 very good players ( or 9) is only an asset if you know how to sub, who to sub, when etc. Let's see how much he learned from Pitino and Huggs. It is not easy to get in that upper echelon of coaches and wins. Can't wait!!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote