View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #171
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would agree about Jenifer and Brooks...but I disagree on Williams. He has the potential to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on this team if he can get that outside shot going and maintain 100% intensity on defense and rebounding.

He is the guy I want to see the biggest improvement from if we are going to be legit this year. We will only have 3 or 4 guys who actually WANT to shoot the ball or score and he is one of them. He has the potential to be a lock down defender as well.
We have Cumberland who will get his shots off and Broome. Those are two things we can probably count on. Williams wants to get shots off and so does Diara. The rest of the guys are players I would file under the category of getting shots off in the flow of the game when they present themselves. We can't put pressure on defenses if we build around guys who just take shots in the flow of the game. We need players who can put pressure on the D.

I am not sure how many minutes Diara will get...still too many questions about him at this point. The Canada trip suggests Cronin wants to see Williams in the game a lot (and he should). The only question will be...can he rely on him to play smart (smart shots/low turnovers) and do all the effort related things Cronins loves to see like D and rebounding.

If Williams is 100% "bought in"...he will be extremely valuable...provided he can get in that 30% plus range from outside.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote