View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #173
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Williams was completely lost in Cronin's defense last year. That has to change for him to see significant playing time. Not saying he can't or won't learn, but our coach simply doesn't tolerate missing assignments, switches, etc on defense. I like Williams game a lot. He's fearless and has a nose for the ball and knows how to finish in traffic. That said, if he misses a guy on defense and that guy gets an easy bucket, he will see extended periods on the bench. Kyle Washington is exhibit A on this. Let's not pretend this will ever change under Cronin.

Per the discussion, I'm intrigued by what Fredericks will bring to the table. I know zero about him, but just have a feeling he'll be a bigger part of things than some are speculating. Maybe it's just that I hope he does because losing Evans hurts. But I think it's clear that this year will be the Jarron Cumberland show. Mick likes to center around one player and without a legitimate inside scoring presence I really think Cronin leans on Cumberland like he leaned on SK his senior year.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote