View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I thought it might be fun to create a thread to post interesting stats when you find them. Player related, team related, coach related etc.

Example...Jenifer is #2 in the country in assist to turnover ratio only to Galen Robinson at Houston.

(Speaking of Houston) I inadvertently clicked on NBA link first and guess who I saw at the top? Gary Clark. LOL)

So I was looking at our history as a team under Cronin for 3% (on the T-Rank page). Most years are between 32.8 and 34.8. There were 3 years outside of that range. Last year was his best shooting team at 35.3% which gave us a lofty rank of 147th in the country. His worst was 2010 at 29.1% and 2013 was 31.6%.

This year we are at 34.8% which would tie for his 2nd best shooting team if that % holds. I would expect it to become harder not easier...but then again we started off missing shots I would normally expect us to make early on.
That is interesting. Going off the eye test alone I think many of us are blinded and spoiled by the two years prior to this one. Really, this team is good and can do work. I mean not top 15 caliber but def. 20 to 30 range IMO. I still would take this team over Kilpatrick's senior year as this has been discussed in other threads. Glad we are coming together.

Going back to my comment of noting being a top 15 team, maybe I am wrong, because SK's senior year we reached the point to #7 in the country. All-in-all rankings depend on whose hot at that time and who just lost and won.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 11-29-2018 at 10:10 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote