View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 05:51 AM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
All I got to say is congrats on local black kid getting full paid education. You guys show true colors. If I should Mckinney and Rayvon what fans have say about Paul, how would that look? Come on grow up.
You made post after post over the past year about how this kid was a can't miss prospect (the best Cincinnati had to offer in years) and how Wes and the program were doomed if they passed on him.

I wanted to hear your insights on why he didn't end up at a high major program, yet alone a mid major program, but rather a very low major program that finished #342 out of 358 in KenPom last season.

I think the answer is pretty clear that it has little to do with the kid's basketball abilities or the great head on his shoulders, but rather the circus that has surrounded his recruitment and ultimately got all of his big offers pulled.

For the record, I still believe he can have a successful career.

It'll likely be heavily reliant on where he transfers to after 1 or 2 years in Newark, but I'm not writing the kid off in the least bit.

I recently met Lance Stephenson's former HS Principal through work and we talked in detail about the circumstances that led to Lance coming to Clifton.

I'm sure a lot of people thought Lance was a lost cause because he didn't end up at a blue blood, but here he is, still playing in the NBA at age 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Sounds like he got a sweet NIL deal. Obviously there's a lot of money in NYC.
Good for him if that's true.

I do know that NJIT basketball is as relevant to the NYC basketball scene as Covedale Middle School is as relevant to Cincy's, but if he's able to use the school/location as an asset to his branding then all the more power to him.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote