Thread: EKU
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #12
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would not change my starting lineup over this info. But Ody would start playing more than Kalu for sure. And Hensley is earning more minutes. that's about it for now.
I still don't really believe in the +/- numbers (especially counting Chaminade). I trust EvanMiya more, but want at least a 5 game sample size.

Based on what I've seen, Ody for Kalu and giving Hensley more minutes are the obvious changes. I think there's an argument to be made for Hensley to start with DDJ at PG. Regardless, it sounds like Newman is going to be out for some time, so Hensley's going to have a chance to really prove himself over the next few games.

Wes did say post game that Ezikpe was our leading scorer in the Purdue scrimmage. Sounds like Wes still hopes he can turn it around. I think Ezikpe has a lot more offensive skill (especially passing) than he's shown thus far. On the other hand, his history indicates that the rebounding and defense we've seen from him is about what we should expect. Even if his offense improves significantly, it's going to be hard for him to get minutes playing defense and rebounding like he has.

Last edited by skyblade; 11-13-2022 at 08:36 PM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote