View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
The lack of a backup for Vik is our biggest issue. It's a massive drop-off from him to Ody/Kalu. It seems like Wes sees that and it was reflected in him putting Vik back in with foul trouble with tons of time left in both the first and second half.

We can debate if Ody or Kalu is better (personally I prefer Ody), but in the end it doesn't matter as neither is good enough to deserve any minutes. I'm ready to burn Sage's redshirt and/or play Hensley at the 5, something has to change. If the backup center is going to suck regardless, they might as well suck while giving experience to a guy who will be back next year.

I had high hopes that Ody would improve during the off-season (my expectations for Kalu were quite low). Turns out neither Ody or Kalu panned out and that leaves us with a massive void.

If we had a real backup center we could also give Lakhin some minutes at the 4 when we need size and to show the other team a different look (like Arizona did with Tubelis).
I'm playing with a tired Vik for 30 minutes rather than a 20/10/10 split. That would solve half the problem. As long as Vik can stay out of foul trouble which he appears better at this year for the most part. He does get tired easy but he doesn't seem to lose his effectiveness to a noticeable degree.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote