Thread: @Wichita St
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #48
Lefty

Lefty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I planned to do a post on this when we were 20 games in and the numbers started to mean something. Miya's stats can fill in the gaps between what individual stats show. There still aren't enough possessions to draw definitive conclusions, but it's still interesting.

The thing that stands out most to me is that Koval is our best offensive player per BPR. It think that's mostly because we play a 5 out offense with him on the floor, which makes up for our lack of half court schemes.

Although Ody's individual number isn't great, our best overall lineup (by far) is our starting 5 but swapping Ody for Ado. That tells me Ody struggles when he plays alongside other bench players, but really thrives with experienced guards who can compensate for his mistakes and leverage his strengths.

Our best defensive lineup is Saunders/DDJ/Madsen/Ody/Lakhin. None of those guys are disciplined defenders like Newman and MAW, but they are all extremely active and take risks. It's the chaos lineup.

The best offensive lineup is Saunders/DDJ/Newman/Ody/Lakhin. It's interesting that simply swapping Madsen for Newman changes the lineup from best defense to best offense. This lineup is four players who can get in the lane plus our best interior finisher.
I would not have guessed Madsen > Newman defensively.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote