View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
As of now...Per T-Rank we have 4 games left where the predicted score will be outside of 2 point final game score differential. 3 wins at home over WSU (by 11), Memphis (11), UCF (6) and one loss on the road to Houston (by 5).

Let's lock those in. 22-4

The remaining 5 games have a predicted score within a single 2 point bucket. 4 away games and Houston at home.

These are basically toss up games so let's call them 50-50. We should either win 2 or 3 of them based on probability. We are only predicted as dogs in 1 of them (at UCF) but with a target on our back those away games will be tougher than the predicted score might have us believe. I don't think the predicted score takes into consideration which teams are going to have that target based on whether they are trying to win a conference title or have a permanent target just because we are the historic conference powerhouse so to speak.

If we can split those 50-50 away games I think it will be a very good outcome and no small task. A lot could be riding on that final home game against Houston. An outside chance at a conference title. A marquee top 25 win. And almost no doubt will move us a seed line in either direction.

We are in for some more close games and an exciting finish! I hope coach can get these guys fired up and focused like they never have been before.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote