View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #60
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
I think Hardnett is the most unknown of a guy as I can remember. He's a guy who played PG in high school but can't shoot whatsovever. Now people are talking about him playing the 5? Does he have the handle to play like Ben Simmons?

Will be interesting to see how he is used in Brannen's system, and i guess we'll never know how Mick intended to use him.
Watching some videos of Hardnett in HS, it definitely looks like he is more of a slasher type. He's got a good handle and they'd use him to bring the ball up the court at times vs the press. Good passer as well. He makes some mistakes, but seems to be pretty solid. For a guy his size he seems to have a good handle and feel for the game (when/where to drive and when/where to pass).

Shooting wise, most of his shots were within 10 feet of the basket. He has a little bit of a mid-range game. Gets to the basket off the dribble well. Seems like he was able to use his size to get a lot of put back rebounds as well.

From 3, looks like he was very similar to Tre Scott. He can make them, but he only took them when he was wide open. Hopefully he worked on 3-point shooting during his RS year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote