View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #10
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I continue to hold out hope that Brannen will be fired. Until the administration comes out with a statement of support for Brannen, I think there is a chance. It's hard to believe they will remain completely silent.

Cincy Slangin podcast says that they payout drops by $500k if they fire him after April 1st. Not sure where that number comes from, but if true it could mean they are waiting.

Saunders post that on that "door isn't closed" is almost certainly hinting at the firing of Brannen. Saunders burned bridges with Brannen, he had multiple twitter DM's leak that say he is leaving because of Brannen. The anonymous player saying he loved everything about being here, except the coach is almost certainly Saunders. Brannen's wife liked posts trashing Saunders for leaving. If the door isn't closed, it's because someone on the inside is still talking to Saunders and telling him Brannen may still be fired.

We are in rebuild mode now. We aren't going to be good next year. So we need to either commit to 2/3 more years of Brannen or fire Brannen now. Waiting to see for 1 year isn't fair to him (he can't recruit for the future) and isn't fair to UC (delays the rebuild).

Maybe it will all be done behind the scenes. Pushing the narrative that the freshmen players were just soft (and please ignore that Sorolla, Rap and Moore left mid-season that Cumberland says he's a mid-major hack, that Harvey was a Sophomore and that the strength coach quit).

But I'd think that if he's going to stay the admin will come out and say he has at least 2 more years and mean it.

Last edited by skyblade; 03-20-2021 at 03:57 PM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote