View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #37
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Jaevin at 87% FT and 40% from 3 last year. Those are both outstanding considering the volume of 3's! ORTG was at 116 last year on 21 % usage. Cane was never that high even at Sacred Heart. Jaevin was the focal point of opposing D's all be it in the Horizon and somehow managed to get off 8 threes per game without serious play making ball skills. I would guess half of those shots were contested. Jarron is going to take that pressure off but the defenders he will face will get better. I don't think he will get off 8 threes per game but I hope he and Jarron can average about 6 each.

At 87% from the FT line he becomes your go to for FT's at end of game. He played 37 mpg so I don't think fatigue will be much of an issue as it didn't seem to be with Jarron. I think 25 mpg is an absolute minimum. I could even see 32.5 if he is efficient as he was last year (or better). Williams faded off at the end of season last year....so I hope he gets it going again. If I had to put money on minutes I would probably place Jaevin just ahead of Keith. Keith will be awesome in the break though and he can probably defend at a higher level for sure.

Based on the speed at which Brannen will play it's hard to put anyone at more than 32.5 mpg. But we seem to have 4 players who are clearly a notch above the rest...at least at this point.

Jaevin actually wasn't the focal point and I think thats a great thing for us. He did well at being the 2nd option. Xavier Hill-Mais had a 29.2 usage rate last year for Oakland.

Jaevin was the exact type of player we needed to add. He's a better fit for what we need than KW is.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote