Thread: Gameday
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #8
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I can’t believe all those suckers on the basketball blog kvetching over early season losses that won’t mean anything in March. Meanwhile the football team is ranked 19th, has a legit coach, a stadium with swagger that looks good on national TV. The football program has surpassed the basketball program. When are our fans gong to wake up?
I love UC football and basketball. The reality is though UC football has zero chance to win a national championship. Not because anything they do on the field but because of the structure of the NCAA and the greedy Power 5. I will be tuning in and supporting our Bearcats on Saturday and hoping that we can win out and get a New Years Day Bowl. I love what Fickell has done and 100% support the program. I just hate the way it is all set up. UCF still gets no respect.

At least with basketball we have a chance (some would argue we dont) to win a national championship, if we take care of the results on the court. Last year was probably our best hope with the way the bracket broke but at least we had a chance. We just didn't get it done. NCAA Football is still the only sport where the results on the field dont determine a champion.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote