View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #18
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
So... Coming into this year our last G-Score (Barttorvik stat measuring team performance on a 0-100 scale) game below 50 was 12/22/16 when UC squeaked out an OT win vs Marshall.

The Ohio State game was a 47 and Milwaukee was a 44. This probably helps explain the feeling a lot of us had of "Wow. We look really bad." Since then, every game has been between an 89 and 99.
I don't know what the equations of the G-score are exactly but I assume it has something to do with actual performance vs expected performance in some fashion.

I would agree the first 3 games I was thinking this was going to be a long year. I expected we would start off slow and be inconsistent all year but how far we have come since that stretch is a bigger difference than I thought was possible at that point in time.

I haven't really felt nervous as a fan about the outcome of a game (while they were playing) since then although UNLV was pushing it. The emergence of Williams has been probably the biggest factor...but the production of Brooks and Scott has surprised me too. I still don't feel comfortable with the bigs in terms of what they can produce in the paint against better bigs. But then again I don't think we need much more than a baby hook or two and some easy put backs from Brooks...and Scott is showing defenses you can't ignore his shooting ability.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote