View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #24
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I think the mix-and-match approach is best until we see what works. I'd agree that Cumberland, Cumberland, Williams and Scott are our four best players. But from there, the 5th best player could be one of a number of players. I expect early in the season we will see a lot of variation until we figure out what works.

We'd be giving up a lot of size to the other team if we play small-ball with Scott as the center. It's worth trying and maybe it can be done, but I think we'd have to really excel on offense (and pressing/creating steals) with that line-up to make up for our lack of interior defense and rebounding.

With Diarra's athleticism, I wonder if we could also see a big-ball lineup at some point. Cumberland, Cumberland, Scott, Diarra and Vogt/Sorolla. Scott and Diarra both seem to have improved at ball handling and seem just as capable at shooting the three as any non-Cumberland on the team. Doubt we would play it much, but could be something interesting to try now and then.
I just fear that Vogt and Sorolla are not competitive high-level D-1 players. Both have been pretty ineffective against lesser competition, so unless they make huge strides they are going to get whipped in conference play.

A 7-footer who gets posterized 3 times a game and forces you to play 4-on-5 when you have the ball is not a benefit just because he is tall. I am more confident that Diarra and Scott can be effective in the middle than either of the BDWG
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote