View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #30
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
I get it that its all we have to work with right now, but i also cant believe people are taking anything from midnight madness. The team had a hardcore practice at 4 PM (they dont even do hardcore practices the day before real games, let alone the same day). Then the team spent the next 5-6 hours at the tailgate and the football game. THEN 3 hours later at 1 in the morning(maybe a little after) they scrimmaged for 13 minutes. If Jarron would have played we would be spending the next month talking about how much he regressed over the summer, luckily he didnt play, but now we get to talk about how bad everyone else is...yay
I agree...not much we can take from the scrimmage. Especially on D. I am sure the objective was to have fun and not get hurt.

But some of the main issues we all had before the scrimmage will likely still be issues that we have to find a way to hide. Mainly we need another shooter to step up and one of the 7 footers will have to be at least an average play for us if we are going to use them for a significant portion of any game.

If Harvey were a soph I would think we could play a lot of small ball...but he will have his growing pains I am sure. I think McNeal and Jaevin are the two players likely to be the most ready to play at this level after Jarron, SCott and Williams. We should probably use that lineup any time we can if we aren't getting abused inside or on the boards.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote