View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
Unless he would redshirt, I'm less and less interested in Rubles. Seems like a tall guy that likes to float to the perimeter, ala Ibrahima Thomas.

We need raw, athletic guys who can play defense and rebound, but not score, down low. Seriously though, we have Gaines, Ellis, and maybe Obekpa as frosh and sophomores. Rubles doesn't make that much sense to me.

I'm starting to think if they get Obekpa, they should sign that JUCO kid out of Florida who has 3 more years of D-1 eligibility. He'd be paired with Davis III and Guyn as sophomores. They could grow together and cover our guard positions as juniors and seniors. Kid likes to play D and hit like a high percentage from three point range.

Can't disagree with the statement above more. You have to have some sort of low post threat or teams will just extend the defense. You also need a guy that can catch and score off of penetration. If you don't have that you need guys that hit mid range jumpers playing the 4-5. Something Rubles can provide as well as penetration. Either way you need scoring in the paint.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote