View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Dayton Dunbar beating Kettering Alter 56-50 today.

I was able to watch both Deontae Hawkins (Dunbar 2012 PF) and Jaaron Simmons (Alter 2013 PG).

Hawkins scored 10 in the first quarter, had 15 at half and finished with about 18. He is very slim (only 16 years old), but has very good hops. His shooting form is nice and hit many midrange jumpers off a pass. He played off others and was a good offensive rebounder. His early weaknesses appear to be strength/weight and dribbling. He didn't put the ball on the floor much. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

Simmons is a freshman point guard that played the entire game for Kettering Alter. He did typical freshman things (over dribbled, missed open men, probably 7-8 turnovers, etc.), but led Kettering Alter with 16 points. He has very nice form, hitting about 6 free throws and a three pointer in clutch time. I definately could tell why many consider him the top point guard in the state for his class.

I'd expect schools to beginning offering Simmons this summer (after the July evaluation period) and Hawkins could start receiving offers after Dunbar's tournament run.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote