View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 10:47 PM   #55
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
I'm not a big football person. I've been 98% a basketball guy. I like football and hope we are good, but I feel we are a basketball school, not a football school. I personally thought it was stupid to spend the outrageous dollars on the stadium chasing a football dream that I don't ever see happening. The only reason we got to the BCS bowls is the we found our way into a power basketball conference, that was pretty weak in Football, but happened to have an automatic BCS Bowl bid. And, we were lucky enough to take advantage of it. Those days are long gone, and I doubt they will ever return. For that reason, I'm one who feels that firing Tubbs would probably be a mistake. If he wants to stay, he should get his 5 or 6 years like Mick did. If he's fired, I'll just shrug my shoulders and chuckle. For the record, most of the big donors I've talked to, absolutely don't believe we should replace him. They're pretty solid behind him. Of course, I haven't spoken to any of them since the Hawaii Bowl.

Then again, if we get a younger guy, maybe we free up some money for basketball. Anything that is good for basketball, is good for me.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote