Thread: SMU Part II
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 07:34 AM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Time for us to look like we are getting better heading into March and not worse or staying even. We need to play some complete games. I am okay if we have a bad shooting night if we are taking/getting good shots.

Cumberland, Jenifer, Williams will be fine. Broome needs to keep up his good play of late so he is coming on at the right time. Brooks usually does about as well as can be expected. Of course they will all make mistakes or have a bad game here or there. No big deal.

If we are going to have Scott out there for 30+ minutes down the stretch I feel he needs to progress a little. He just needs to be consistently better/smarter. He needs to look for smart shots in his wheelhouse and not force things. He's got 5 turnovers in the last 2 games and much of that is him trying to do things he's not good at (Cronin needs to address that). He cannot disappear on the boards (although he has done pretty well lately). He has gotten a little better at getting blocks lately but 1 per game should be a minimum for him.

We can't rely on Moore, Nsoseme, Fredericks, Johnson or Diara etc to come in and not make some mistakes or score a ton of points so the big 6 have to be playing well for us. I know we like to think we are a deep team but we really aren't. We have a 6 man rotation with spot minutes going to some other guys by necessity. I think Scott is a big key to how far we can go because of how many minutes he gets. He cannot have 3 rebound nights and he cannot be trying to make plays by putting the ball on the floor. I don't like to call players out so let's call this a challenge for Scott. We need you to perform up to expectations or exceed them down the stretch if we are going to finish the season well.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote