View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #15
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The Nevada loss killed a lot of Bearcats souls.

It didn't kill mine, however I did stop taking basketball nearly as serious as I did.

When UC lost, it would ruin my weekend. I'd borderline be a bad husband and father just because a team I cheer for lost.

It was ridiculous.

I've since dialed it way back.

People watch sports for fun, for it to be a break from every day life and shit that actually matters. I've already told myself that if being a fan is no longer fun and that if I get more emotion from losing then I do winning, then its time to cancel the season tickets and find another hobby.

That also said, I personally find it more entertaining to have online message board fights with people who cheer for our opponents rather than fight with my own fan base. I've spent a lot of time on an AAC board. The shit talking there is elite.

At least Jacob didn't lose his fandom, instead just his desire to talk sports on a message board
Couldn't agree more. Ya have to take a step back sometimes and not treat being a fan as life or death. It's cool to enjoy it, be passionate and get into it but if they lose a game still be able to move on from it. It too would ruin my day and affect others around me. Also I would feel as if Id get it arguments with friends if there were any negative comments about UC being that some of them are more casual fans and I was too biased. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Just trying to enjoy it the best I can, be a great fan but don't let it become a negative thing in my life. I'm still working on it honestly.

It's nice to come on here and talk basketball and if some of the conversations gets too serious then oh well just need to be able to take a step back and take a break if that happens.

I do love UC basketball and the shape it's in. Scheduling has gotten fun, I do wish we could see an uptick in recruiting and I do wish we could go on a little run come March. But I must say, nothing is worse (personally as a college basketball fan) than not seeing your name on the bracket during selection Sunday and even if it's been a lot of first weekend exits, at least we are in the tourney every year. This is just my opinion.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 01-14-2019 at 03:30 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote