View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #186
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
There are always the Vogt, sarolla, stainbrook, guys. I would rather keep taking those kinds of guys as backup plans while we try to get highly rated big. Rather than getting some project that won’t contribute till his senior year. I’m over those type guys.
I find this comment funny. Vogt has been one of the more positive contributors so far. His potential impact could be huge. I'm not saying he'll be all-conference, but his play has been pretty good given the new situation. I only see things improving unless there's some major breakdown.

Stainbrook was an overweight tub before he lost his scholarship, transferred to X and then took charge bypassing two really athletic bigs in front of him, and pretty much was the leader on the team during his two years there. He's playing on a really strong pro team in Europe now.

Brannen has little history for high school bigs who are looking to find a great team to join. It might take him a couple of years to earn a good reputation and land bigger recruits. We're gonna miss the Cumberlands next year for sure, but the newcomers this season seem like something to build on. The power conference structure in college hoops means UC is always going to have to scrap a bit.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote