Thread: USF
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 07:57 AM   #162
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Its a bad look if he's actually going after a ref, I think he just wanted to get his say, not attack a guy. I've seen players restrain coaches plenty in that situation. I think it goes more to show how the players kept a cool head and know the situation. Mick is a fiery coach and that has its pluses and minuses but I like his passion. I do think Mick tends to lose his mind at refs at times (as a negative) but I cant talk cause I do too. Again, he is passionate and fights for the team and every call. That helps you more than it hurts.
There has got to be some theatre in the holding back, why else would he complain about consistency. He is obviously in control but acting. If he were truly out of control then immediate psychiatric intervention would be mandatory. The point being, it is unnecessary and as far as I know the two best coaches in history K and Wooden never resorted to it. Remember the Richard Pryor schtick about dudes holding back the guy who wanted to fight Jim Brown? He mumbles the “motherf***er who lets me go is going to be f**ked up”.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote