View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
Jinxy

Jinxy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
i think your final sentence is the most important fact in re: to this conversation. people who say "he isnt ready" are bringing up a point that doesnt really matter. just because he isnt ready doesnt mean he wont go. tons of guys o undrafted every year. only a few guys who declare for the draft are actually ready.

again- i didnt say kilpatrick would go pro to start speculation- i just said i think that it is not unreasonable to think there will be some form of player turnover this year with a big class coming in and a lot of upperclassmen.
Player turnover is a real possibility but the reality is I don't know that there are even european teams who would have room on their roster for him. Yes, players declare who don't make it but most of those have some realistic chance of making at least free agency. He doesn't. I look at for instance Georgetown's Austin Freeman who is better in every way by a wide margain and he makes it onto a very crappy european club for what is likely to be a 20-30 grand a year job.

It's not that easy. He has a good thing going and most pro teams aren't sold on potential alone. I think it would be in his interest, even with a family to hold off.

Looking back though, Bearcatjeff also posted that he was predicting he'd leave after his junior year. It's possible that after the next two seasons he's got a chance but also entirely possible he'd develop into a monster if he stays til he's a senior. Either way, I don't think he'll leave after this year.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote