View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Think Phillips will be here until next year. Doesn't seem to have much interest In moving unless team he is going to will extend his contract. Don't see the reds paying him 20 mil to go away between what is left of this year and what is owed for next.

Still very early to determine where Bruce or Cozart will end up. Lots of moving parts. Who has a need, who is still in contention, How much of Bruce's salary would the reds be willing to eat for a better prospect. If I'm the reds I wait hoping that more then one team needs a hitter or a SS. Unless I'm completely overwhelmed with a deal I run the string out. Neither guy is breaking the bank.
The only problem with waiting on Bruce is that allows the Brewers to set the market by dealing Braun. You don't want to have your ability to get maximum return back undercut by another teams trade.

When it comes to Phillips if won't have much of a choice. I can tell you with 1,000% confidence the players in the clubhouse and front office officials have grown tired of him. His attitude, ego and mental mistakes on the field have turned people and players off quick. His true colors shined through when he demanded a ridiculous extension to accept a trade to the Natonal.

Waiting on Cozart could be a good idea given the injuries at SS throughout the major league level. However, like Bruce, you don't want another team setting the market and hindering what you receive in a deal. Dealing players now gives you edge on return, sets the market and your dealing them when their value is highest. Whose to say Bruce and/or Cozart don't go into a slump in the next 2-3 weeks?
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote