View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Chuck Machock remembrance

How sad to hear of Chuck’s passing. I miss him. He put the color in color commentary. I fondly remember his banter with Dan Hoard who was always so respectful of his mentor even when ribbing him about how many games since his last ejection. I always thought if you are going to be a homer just let it fly. Why put on airs when you know you love your team? He had every reason to love the Bearcats having roomed with the Big O in his playing years and coaching in the final four with Huggs. Hoardy had an interesting comment when he said that Chuck was integral to healing the Bearcat nation when he rolled with it following Huggins’ uncermoniosus drubbing by that Z person who will remain nameless. Despite his everlasting love for all things Huggs, Chuck recognized that the program is bigger than any individual and gave succeeding coaches his unbridled respect. We have been very blessed in Bearcat nation to have some of the best broadcast crews imaginable including Hoard and Machock and now T Nelson who is filling very big shoes with his own unique style that Chuck would have no other way. Chuck embodied the best not only in Cincinnati Basketball but in Cincinnati.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote