Thread: Radio Show
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #94
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Caught the end driving home. Wow Mick seemed so relaxed and confident.

Someone has an interesting Q (to me) - compare road locker rooms - ECU's was best bc it used to be home teams, but they got new ones.

He answered Q about new transfer rule that would hurt African Americans. Said when u sit out a year you are more likely to graduate, and that would go away. Was really a very informative answer by Mick. It was in the last 1/3 if the show if anyone wants to get the podcast. He also said he is all for graduation etc. Was really coming from his heart.

Said "it doesn't matter how I feel about it, it is inevitable, so we have to prepare for it". Very interesting to find out that you have to sit out a year for men and women's basketball and football. But other sports you can transfer and play right away. I never knew that. I thought it was across the board for all college sports.

He lets the players do the postgame because they are the ones doing the work/ playing. Was awesome hearing all that.
His demeanor has changed quite a bit the last two years. It must be a nice feeling for him knowing his team is 100% bought in on the defensive end right now. They are on fire! The effort and focus on that side is incredible lately. All the hoopla was about the offense this year so to see this happening has to put him in a good place when he doesn't have to preach to his team about taking plays off on D.

I think we just need to buy in on turnovers now...we can be very efficient when we aren't losing so many possessions. Then if we get Cumberland going and Cane more minutes...we can be a top 25 offense IMO.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote