View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Things seem to be heating up a little bit after a period of little news. We have some visits coming up for the UCLA game.

It seems like the Madsen brothers are becoming a real possibility and we are getting closer on guys like Eason and Traynor. IN addition to Saunders that would put us with 4 of 5 spots filled going into spring if we could get the Madsens and a PF. Maybe a grad transfer or any other high caliber HS kid to round out the class would be pretty cool. Scrubb please!!

Saunders
Madsen
Madsen
Eason/Traynor

and one player TBD doesn't sound too bad. I know Mason Madsen is kind of looked at as more of a tag along to Gabe but consider he is getting mid major looks and there is always the possibility of Mason at some point either improving to the point he can produce or he could wind up thinking eventually he would rather be getting PT somewhere else if he's riding pine all the time. Worst case for him (and UC) is he never gets off the bench and rides pine 4 years eating up a scholly. Nobody wants that either player or program. But even if we have 1 player dedicated to eating a scholly out of 13 I don't think it impacts the overall performance of the team much. We have had pine sitters every year since I can remember. Some pan out by junior or senior year, some transfer, and some just get spot minutes for the duration of their time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote