Thread: Houston
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 05:27 PM   #10
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Absolutely criminal how many minutes Davenport got in the 2nd half compared to Skillings. Wes needs to answer to that. Unreal.

The lazy passes against a very good defense is also criminal. My grade school teams don't do that and MAW and DDJ did it several times. I like DDJ but he has laid some monster eggs when needed and today was one of them. Lazy defense, lazy passes, missed wide open looks.

Also can't believe the lack of effort to get the ball to Vik in the 1st half and the inability to get Nolley any looks in the 2nd.

Very frustrating. Talent and coaching level need to improve significantly, and quick.
DDJ just doesn't match up in size or athleticism with top teams. It's why I didn't really want him back this year. He's got a great mindset, but his body limits him. Hw was perhaps the best of our guys at feeding it inside to Lakhin in the second half.

Skillings stuggled on defense, Houston went after him (granted they also went after Davenport).

I think Houston started treating Nolley like a shooter (like Davenport), run him off the line and dare him to beat you some other way.

MAW showed his ability to get to the basket isn't a fluke. He was our only player who showed up scoring wise in both halves. He was our only player who was able to get to the rim and score. Plus he was pretty good on defense. One of the bright spots in the game, despite a few bad TO's (DDJ and Nolley each had 4, MAW had 3).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote