Thread: SMU
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 08:53 PM   #27
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
obviously it made no sense, at all. What shocks me is that Vik would do that without even checking with the coaching staff. Fortunately it didn't matter or it would have been a Cumberland vs Colgate highlight reel in the bad way. Vik also had his best defensive game ever so I guess he deserves some slack.

Davenport got 30 minutes to Skillings 12. Reed got 10. If I'm Skillings I'd be thinking hard about transferring when the season is over. I get that his shooting isn't there and he is a bit erratic but his defense, rebounding, and energy have been fantastic and he has been changing games when he gets in. I thought Miller started to gain some sense but apparently not. That might also be why they struggled so mightily to beat a bad SMU team.

Ody is also terrible. Need to find something better. I'd give Ezikpe another chance. Maybe even Sage, he can't be that much worse. Ody does try to crash the boards but he has terrible hands and terrible awareness. Obviously he is as close to Adam H. that I've seen when it comes to finishing around the basket. And on defense he just gets out of position and backed in too easily by his man.

Fortunately, SMU sucks.
What was name of Center on Yancy and Cash team SR yr? Lol, by tournament time they started yelling every time he got offense rebounds to pass ball out. Ody can at least dunk.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote