View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #6
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The goal should be to miss the tourney and have nothing to worry about.

You save your fans from having to unrealistically pick you in their brackets then get upset when you don’t make the final four like they selected. You save money on travel because the goal should be an extra home game for your fans in the NIT

From what I read not many Brannen apologists care about the tourney. They only want sweet 16’s and final fours baby.. so Brannen was smart to miss the tourney this year, we weren’t gonna make the final four, so might as well get your fans an extra home game to witness some beautiful basketball in person.

Something to be said about setting expectations. Brannen lowered the expectations of our program to the floor in 1 year. Next year if we win 22 games we “improved” and he raise them a little more. Takes a lot of pressure off now. It will only take two years of irrelevant UC basketball for us to not be talked about nationally.

Cronin screwed up though on the other hand. The dude set some unreal expectations by the way his team has kicked the pac 12 ass. So now his expectations are through the roof after being at their floor when he took the job.

Brannen is playing the long game and I like it

As for tourney, the coach before mick, his last 9 years, that’s what you’d call underachieving in the tourney, mick didn’t over achieve nor did he under achieve
How many times did he lose as the better seed? Legit question as I don’t feel like looking it up.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote