View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #6
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I am honestly not all that upset about UConn leaving. Its baffling that they just finished a $10m renovation on a new football locker room only to basically say screw football. Not to mention the $10m buyout they have to pay the American. Does playing St. Johns, providence, Creighton, even Georgetown improve the UConn brand that much? Hell no. Villanova is the one shining star in this wannabe big east. The big east now is a shell of what it was years ago. Football is horrible and brings nothing to the American and UConn will go independent most likely and that will kill the program. If you are not a service academy or Notre Dame going independent is a death wish. Look at the disarray Umass is in. You have to schedule all 12 games and good luck getting any decent team to come play you at home. Either way good riddance and I think VCU or Dayton would be my first choices for basketball to fill the spot... as for football I wouldn't fill the spot unless the ESPN deal requires 12 teams.
The move is a good move for UConn basketball. Hurley is a northeast guy and they are like 4 hours from New York. I don’t understand it for other sports. Their administration seems to be somewhat clueless. In massive debt. No plan for football. Hoping to figure it out as they go. Interesting strategy.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote