View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
After watching the clip on it, while I definitely don't condone what he did, it just sounds like he's blowing off steam. Yeah he went about it the wrong way. BP has been in the league for what, 10 years now? This is the first incident like this. Typically he is a media darling. And I still don't get why people are upset at Dusty? I know most people hate him so they will find anything to criticize him. First of all, he was caught off-guard by this and shouldn't have gotten into the middle of it. I'd rather my manger have his players backs than call a player out in front of the media. There's no saying what happened after the fact behind closed doors. Secondly, he's not Brandon's daddy. There is a thing called freedom of speech in this country. What Brandon said wasn't good, but it doesn't violate any sort of team rules, nor does it hurt the team in anyway. He even says to Rosecrans that he's "bringing negative shit to the team". And Rosecrans eggs him on a little bit at the end. It was an unfortunate incident, I'm sure Phillips regrets it knowing what kind of guy he is. I surely don't think it warrants a benching. And was this caught on air or was it after the press conference and someone just kept rolling film?