View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #43
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I could have quoted and responded to multiple posts. Over and over it's been cited that the football program has improved drastically, been ranked, gone to a big time bowl, attracted good coaches, become relevant........and the b-ball program is doing the same.

And my point is..........

I read over and over UC fans complaining about the lack of attendance at both sporting events.

If it isn't happening yet, I just don't see it happening. Cincinnati has too many sporting attractions. UC fans don't want to hear it. And I'm in no way happy about it.

As previously said......I just think it's the nature of the beast in Cincinnati.

And having said that, any sporting event wanting fans dollars better do all they can to become and remain relevant, and continue playing at a high level. Because if you trip up and lose that fan interest (like UC basketball had happen with the Zimpher fiasco), it's hard to get it back. Look at the Bungles. I think they have a pretty good team now, but they still struggle to sell out at times. Mike Brown has Bungalized the entire city to some extent. But I think Castellini has won over the fans, OVER TIME, with many superior moves for the Reds.

And having brought up the Reds, maybe there is a chance IN TIME that the fans embrace UC football. But they better get that conference affiliation thing fixed pronto, for them to even matter.

Again, not trying to be a negative Nelly, but simply a realist.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote